Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Camera list in Google Earth
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 03/27/2007 - 06:23 PM

Hi all

I was trying out some of the features of Google Earth.

The result is a Camera list viewable in Google Earth.

This list consists of three folders:

- Cameras online and listed, shows in Google Earth with thumbnail
- Cameras online
- Cameras offline
- Camerera count per country

All four are updated when navigation stops and only show the entries within the viewed area.
The entries have a popup similar to the one on the Map Page

This needs some fine tuning, as Google Earth tends to refresh quite often, but so far it looks ok.

Comments? Suggestions for improvement?
By: DomenicoS
Topics: 59
Added: 03/13/2008 - 03:03 PM

What I have to do to make my webcam viewable in Map page?
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 03/13/2008 - 03:40 PM

First: make sure that your cam pages can be accessed from the Internet. This will involve configuring the AbelCam webserver features and probably your router. See AbelCam helpfile.

Second: on the Web tab in AbelCam, tick the "Listed" checkbox to get your cam listed on the Cameras Page:

http://www.multicamserver.com/en/cameras

and make sure that's working.

Third: once that is all set, use this link to add your cam to the map:

http://www.multicamserver.com/map/add_html

Added: 03/17/2008 - 10:21 PM

First: make sure that your cam pages can be accessed from the Internet.

I upload to server, I'm not running server on my PC. We have web pages, my webcam pictures are shown on one of them .

Is that ok?

Second: on the Web tab in AbelCam, tick the "Listed" checkbox to get your cam listed on the Cameras Page:

I tick "Listed" and "Listed AutoUpdate", but my webcam is not on Cameras page.
Also, I fill up all fields on "My AbelCam on the Internet"

Or is Map only for people who run AbelCam Web Server?
Added: 03/17/2008 - 11:41 PM

You're going to need to talk to SSE about this - he runs the List and Map on his servers. An email sent to the address on the Support page will reach him. I suggest you include a link to your site.

I believe that List and Map is intended for people running the AbelCam Server but maybe this is negotiable. I'm not sure, and I can not speak for SSE.
Added: 03/18/2008 - 01:45 AM

Thank's a lot Melvin!
Added: 03/18/2008 - 02:27 PM

I asked SSE, if I understood him right, my non profit community which is owner of Pro license have no right to get on list.

Lot of hope for nothing.

Thx anyway...

P.S. My comment on "AbelCam Camera Map" is: that option is very nice, but it will be nice that all license owners who wish to be shown on map have that right.

It is "funny" that my webcam is linked on many servers, but not on the one of software my community use.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 03/18/2008 - 02:53 PM

my non profit community which is owner of Pro license have no right to get on list.
As I emailed you earlier, you may have your cam listed on the map page with your user name, but not with any other name.

In order to get listed on the Camera list or the Camera Map, you'll have to point the Server URL to your AbelCam installation, otherwise it will not get listed.

Added: 04/04/2008 - 04:26 PM

THX Melvin & SSE

As I'm not native English speaker, lot of things I understood false.

1. AbelCam/Web/My AbelCam on the internet

I though that with checking "Listed" I will be listed. (I did not have interest in running "Web server" at that time.)

2. About problem name: I didn't know how I will appear on "Cameras" or "Map" page, now it is perfect, I did not understand I choose that alone in "My AbelCam on the internet". (I thought I will be only on "Map" page, and that settings are only for some kind of your "hidden system check") Frin

3. It is possible to check "Listed" also if you don't check "Web server", I find that a bit confusing for novice user. ( Should be explained somewhere that you should run "Web server" to be "Listed", and that FTP-ing images to your own server is not enough.)

As I said, after setting up "Web server" all my wishes came through.

Thx
Added: 04/06/2008 - 11:34 AM

3) I should have said something in my 3/13/2008 post about making sure that Webserver was checked, instead of just saying you needed to check Listed.

It might be good, in future releases, to have Listed checkbox grayed out (disabled) when Webserver is not checked on.

Domenico, I have looked at your website several times since you got it to be listed. I can not read your language so I don't really understand what is going on there. But I looked at your cams - very nice. I had never heard of Cres before. Looks like a beautiful island.
Added: 04/19/2008 - 05:07 PM

THX

(We all speak English but nobody have time to sit and translate...
community is about sport, ecology and health life, Cres is biggest Croatian island, but only 2200 people in biggest "city"...)