Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

how to use the video server feature?
By: KyleS
Topics: 0
Added: 12/08/2006 - 05:47 PM

after i checked the box of this feature, i open the webpage and click windows stream, see the embeded windows media players, click play, it says ready, but nothing is showing.
when do i need to use this feature? what's the difference btween this feature and the javacript stream?
Added: 12/08/2006 - 05:48 PM

btw, i forgot to mention, this software is cool and simple to use mostly
By: AndrewG
Topics: 172
Added: 12/08/2006 - 08:11 PM

The Windows Media Stream has sound (if you have a mic) and has much higher frame rates. It might not be working because your computer can't handle the extra CPU-what are you pc specs? Are you trying to access it on your computer? within your network? out side your network?
Andrew
Added: 12/11/2006 - 09:26 PM

Andrew, thanks for the response. Mine is Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 mhz, 512m ram.
I access it within my network using the local ip address.

By: AndrewG
Topics: 172
Added: 12/13/2006 - 08:34 PM

Your specs should run it no problem, and if it's within your network then there is no network firewall or port blocking ISP. If your running it demand that could be the reson. If not maybe we'll need to take it higher places (sse).
Added: 12/15/2006 - 10:19 PM

I can access it from the outside network. I guess it doesnt work within the network.
anyway, thanks.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 12/16/2006 - 10:36 AM

to use the Video Server within your own network, you'll have to use

mms://<internal IP or name>

as URL in the Windows Media Player
By: RicardoS
Topics: 6
Added: 02/13/2007 - 01:02 AM

I too cannot use the video server! Once upon a time I could, but now it does not work anymore. If I remember correctly, I had to configure something on my PCs Media Player (or even download an add-in for it) to make it work.

But that was when I was using Win XP Pro, which has long been gone. I am now using Vista and can't seem to make it work. Tried pressing F1 and following instructions without success.

Ricardo