Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Which IP network cameras are supported?
By: ToddS
Topics: 8
Added: 11/21/2006 - 07:56 AM

Curious to play with the new 2.0 features, I tried to get my Sony RZ50 camera working with LogiSphere.
It seems I either need a special URL or just don't understand how it works.

Basically, I put in the IP address of my RZ50 and got the camera offline image in the CAM URL window.

Any ideas?
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 11/21/2006 - 08:14 AM

Hello (again Wink) Todd

The Web Video URL has to result into a single JPG image. Not motion JPEG, just a single jpeg.
I don't know the URL for your camera, check the documentation.

With Axis cameras, it is
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi
the URL has several parameters for size, quality and captions
Added: 11/22/2006 - 06:27 AM

Sadly, the documentation does not cover technical info like that. It is a sophisticated cam, but doesn't seem to have any "under the skin" type of info (that I could find).
Single JPEG, eh?
I am not very smart with this stuff. The cam supports H.264, MPEG4, and MJPEG.

Does LogiSphere query the cam for the current image? And does so at a specified framerate(I have not yet been able to get to the rest of the config pages)?

Thanks!
Added: 11/22/2006 - 06:31 AM

I'd like to add that I think your support is outstanding. The product is equally so, and getting better virtually every day.

Hopefully my ignorance and curiosity does not become a burdon.
By: RicardoS
Topics: 6
Added: 02/13/2007 - 01:08 AM

Would the Panasonic BL-C30A Wireless camera work? I am thinking of buying one, but would like to make sure before I buy it. It already allows control over the internet, but I would like to continue using Logisphere as the only outside gateway for the camera images (plus all the cool new features, like record on motion, email on motion, etc.).

Ricardo
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 02/13/2007 - 02:43 AM

Ricardo,

I just went over to panasonic.com and looked at the manual and specifications of the BL-C30A. From what I read there...

Short answer: No - it won't work. Sad

Longer answer: The cam has its own "LogiSphere substitute" built into it, and it seems that Panasonic really wants you to use it. The documentation did not reveal any of the URLs that would need to be known in order to configure LogiSphere to use the cam. The docs do say that it produces jpeg images, meaning that it is at least somewhat compatible.

If you understand HTML and JavaScript, once you have the camera you could look at the source code of the Web pages it produces and probably figure out what you need to know to get LogiSphere to access the cam as a Web Video device. That would take care of the video part. The Tilt/Pan part could be worked out the same way, but I'm positive you would require have to do some JavaScript coding on your Web pages to make it work (since LogiSphere doesn't directly support Tilt/Pan on ANY Ethernet-connected cams at this time).

If you have good JavaScript coding skills and like to "hack" hardware, I say buy the cam and have fun! But if you want something that will "plug and play" then don't do it.
By: RicardoS
Topics: 6
Added: 02/21/2007 - 09:26 PM

Thanks, Melvin!
Actually, I am really looking more for4a plug and play type solution this time around (my 3 kids are not leaving me much time for hacking stuff, although I'd love to!).
Now, I just saw SSE's post on controlling servos and another discussion on interfacing to an USB digital IO board - any of these two solutions would sufice once I know the answer to the mais topic of this Forum: "WHich IP cameras are supported?" and how!

[]s

Ric
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 02/22/2007 - 02:47 AM

Hello Ric,

To give as direct an answer as possible to the topic of the thread... nobody has ever compiled a list of IP cameras that work with LogiSphere (as far as I know). Since LogiSphere treats IP cameras as Web Video devices, we can say that the following rules apply:

- The IP cam needs to support HTTP GET requests (almost every IP cam I've looked at meets this requirement)

- The cam must be able to return a single frame of video in JPG format in response to every GET request. In other words, you should be able to type something like "http://12.13.14.15/picture.jpg" (where 12.13.14.15 is the cam's IP address) into any Web browser and get a snap-shot back from the cam.

- To make life easy and avoid the need for hacking, the cam's documentation should clearly define what the URLs are for single frame pictures, streams, etc. (rather than try to keep it a secret like that Panasonic cam).

If the above conditions are met, using the IP cam is simply a matter of configuring a Web Video device in LogiSphere and putting the cam's single frame URL into the device config. The frame rate setting of the Web Video device will determine how often LogiSphere grabs a frame from the cam. Digital zoom will work, since the zooming is done by processing each image in LogiSphere after it is grabbed.

Controlling of optical zoom or motorized Tilt/Pan is not directly supported by LogiSphere for any IP cams right now. Depending on the nature of the cam's HTTP interface, and how well it is documented, taking control of Tilt/Pan/Zoom by way of some custom JavaScript in a web page could be very easy or very hard.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 02/27/2007 - 12:28 PM

I am currently negotiating conditions with a guy who wrote code that supports a number of Panasonic / Sony / Axis cameras.

If he gets reasonable with his pricing, you will soon see true TPZ support for network cameras.
By: JoshP
Topics: 9
Added: 10/08/2007 - 07:02 AM

I have a Linksys WVC200 PTZ network camera which i bought the network agent for - but it appears that i cannot use it with this camera from reading here.
i have tried finding or pulling image files from the linksys web pages within the camera with no luck yet.
anyone have any ideas where to look for what in finding the code for the image only?