AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
05/05/2024 - 02:34 AM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Turn Camera(s) On or Off at certain times.
By: RalphW
Topics: 1
Added: 10/30/2006 - 05:58 PM

Would like to have the ability to turn camera(s) on or off at certain times of the day.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 10/31/2006 - 06:49 AM

Hi Ralph,

I'm about 99% sure this one os already on SSE's "to-do" list for a future release. As I understood the discussions a few months ago (sorry, not sure what thread it was on anymore) there's going to be a "cron-like" scheduler added so that we can do anything from turning a cam on & off to running totally different configs at different times of the day.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 03/10/2010 - 12:20 PM

I am working on a scheduler for AbelCam. It's built in AbelCam and will be available from the configuration menu.

The following tasks are going to be implemented (parameters in brackets):

AddCamera ( configuration folder, camera number)
add a camera from a configurable folder. If I am an AbelCam Expert is set, configurations can be saved to a user selectable folder.
Using different folders for the same capture device, different configurations can be used, eg. with different captions, frame rates, with or without video server, motion detection, ftp upload/local save and so on.

If a camera is loaded for that camera number, it will be removed first.

RemoveCamera (camera number)
removes a camera from AbelCam, the camera number will be unused

GetListed
sets the 'listed' checkbox to be checked -> the cameras will show in the camera list on this server

UnList
sets the 'listed' checkbox to be unchecked -> the cameras won't show in the camera list

ExecuteCommand (command, parameters)
execute any command. This can be used for various purposes, eg to create time lapse videos with JPEG2VideoC
while batch files work best, programs with a GUI can also be started.

StopAbelCam
close down AbelCam. I was thinking about implementing a StartAbelCam task, but that can be handled by you with the Windows Task planner.

The tasks execution time can be set exactly (YY/MM/DD hh:mm:ss). Repeat time can either be zero (one time tasks) or to any interval.
The minimum interval is 1 minute.

By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 03/12/2010 - 12:05 PM

A beta version with this new scheduler is available for download from the Members Only section