Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Logisphere and LAN
By: HansD
Topics: 0
Added: 10/11/2006 - 04:02 PM

I had a problem before with blocked ports (except 80 and 21) by the isp, but that is solved by taking another provider, as he left port 23 open. I now use the external ipaddress of the modem and port 23. On my pc all works fine, test1-2-3 ok. I do get the logonscreen of the modem in between, fill in userid/psw and all is working.
But do i fill in the same as used in test3 (cam url) on any other pc in the lan i get 'bad password' back from the modem, where i expected to get the logonscreen from the modem. I did the same but without port number and i do get the logonscreen from the modem, so it looks like using a portnumber tries to bypass the modem logon screen.
Any idea??
Added: 10/11/2006 - 08:10 PM

btw i used NAT in the modem to forward port 23 to my pc
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 10/12/2006 - 08:27 AM

Is the "modem" actually a "NAT Router"?? If so, I don't quite understand why it gives you a login screen at all when hitting a forwarded port.

Let us assume these things:

LogiSphere PC is named: server
LogiSphere PC IP address: 192.168.1.10
LogiSphere configured to use Port 8080
NAT Router internal IP: 192.168.1.1
NAT Router external IP: 123.123.123.123

On the NAT Router, forward Port 23 (external) to internal IP 192.168.1.10 Port 8080. Forward TCP, not UDP.

From INSIDE you LAN, you should be able to reach the LogiSphere with: http://server:8080/

From OUTSIDE on the Internet you should be able to reach the LogiSphere with: http://123.123.123.123:23/

Depending on your NAT Router, you may or may not be able to use the 123.123.123.123:23 address from INSIDE. Many routers don't support hitting the external interface from inside the LAN, but some do.

That's all I can think of...
Added: 10/18/2006 - 11:45 AM

Thanx Melvin,
I do use a modem (zyxel prestige 600). It is not possible to use the
8080/23 as NAT can only forward to a ipnbr. I did install the latest Logi.. release but didnot work out also with one exception..
When i use on my pc e.g. port 80 to connect i get the modem's logon screen.. if i use port 23 i get .. wrong password. I tested with telnet using a wrong password, exactly the same message. I wonder what i do what is different than any other logi-user installing on a lanpc with a modem connection. I also think it should give me the modem's logon screen as if would just pass it through it would mean my modem
is totally open to the rest of the world..right? Next test i will do is using localhost and port 8080 and use external modemipnbr from outside my lan.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 10/18/2006 - 01:09 PM

Have a look at www.portforward.com, maybe you find your model there.
The Prestige 600 is a model family, for the exact model you need to check the label at the bottom of the modem.
Added: 10/19/2006 - 07:44 AM

Hello Sse, i already did a long time ago.
It is not a portforwarding issue i think.
I fully understand these kind of basic networking, as
i am working with IT for more years than i can remember.
But in this case i miss something and it might well be
as isp providers way of controlling traffic (Vietnam).
Can you please tell me right/wrong in the following Q's..
1. Addressing a modem's external ip-address on e.g. port 80
from outside the lan should pass it through to the lan pc's.
(this is basic internet traffic, right/wrong?)
2. The same as 1. but from inside a lan acts differently
right/wrong?
3. If 2 is right i can never test logi. without supplying
user/psw from the modem
4. If 1 is right and logi doen not work (like you trying
to address my ipnbr from Swiss because of the listed function)
it is the isp agsin blocking something (right/wrong?)
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 10/19/2006 - 12:15 PM

1) depends on the modem configuration
2) depends on the modem

Sorry I cannot be more specific - I don't have that modem nor ADSL

A simple way to test externall access is to configure LogiSphere to be listed in the camera list. Once you see it in the list, external access works.
Added: 10/20/2006 - 09:22 AM

i give up for the time being, listed didnot work, was one of the first things i tried weeks ago. I do have a feeling it's the isp again.