Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

webserver problem [ resolved - provider blocks incoming ports ]
By: HansD
Topics: 0
Added: 08/30/2006 - 09:39 PM

I cannot get the webserver running, it keeps saying
not a valid url, the hostname cannot be parsed. Normal shutdoen doesnot work after that, i need to kill it with the taskmanager. I used the autohost button to get my ip adress. Running the test1-2-3 parses a %20 before the ip adrress, so doesnot connect. I suspect there are some req's for changing the modem/ip/nat/firewall/ports, but am not in for a try and error. I did downloaded the last version. Any docs about this problem?
Added: 08/30/2006 - 10:31 PM

I manually changed the config with the supplied ipaddress, so the parsing problem is solved. However it stll doesnot connect. Pinging the ip gave a timeout, so it looks to be a modem setting of firewall problem.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 08/31/2006 - 05:31 AM

Hello Hans
the %20 is a space - did Autohost insert that space character?

Have you tried using http://localhost:8080 for testing? If that works on the computer you're running LogiSphere it shows that LogiSphere is working ok and that it's not a webserver problem, but a router/firewall problem.

If that fails, it's indeed a webserver problem.

To resolve problems with routers, www.portforward.com has a lot of information.
Added: 09/01/2006 - 08:06 AM

the %20 looks to be a bug in autohost. Localhost works fine, so am now
checking the modem settings and forward port 8080 to my pc, till now
no luckSad, so it looks like i need to do the try and error, meaning i stop now. Whenever i have time again in future will check this software out again. Thanx for replying.
Added: 09/01/2006 - 12:32 PM

I found out why it doesnot work. It's my isp in Saigon who blocks the modem's external ip address. And not only my isp but all isp's over here do the same. You can, if you want, buy a fixed 'open' ip address but cost a lot. They still need a lot to learn, but now they made me mad, so will spent some time to bypass these burocrats.
Added: 09/01/2006 - 01:28 PM

Try using a unual, high, port number.
8080 is quite common for web services. Other port numbers might not be blocked.
Added: 09/05/2006 - 06:56 PM

i run a full portscan, only 80 and 21 were open, am
checking out other providers.
By: AlR
Added: 11/28/2006 - 03:34 AM

Hi everybody. I am somewhat new to this program. I have set up telnet and ftp servers. Generally even with a static DSL connection as long as I know
my IP address or use an IP updater like "No-IP.com" it's helpful in running
web, ftp and mail servers. My question: the program we are using here requires connecting to the Seiz System servers?

This program's web server feature is still not a complete stand-alone web server?

Or am I not configured right?

By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 11/28/2006 - 03:47 AM

I don't know every single detail about when & why LogiSphere connects to seiz.ch myself. But I do know that it can operate just fine as a stand-alone web server on a LAN with no Internet gateway whatsoever - I've done it.

Things I know make it connect to Seiz:

1) If you have "Listed" checked in the Server Config.
2) If you have "Notify Me of Updates" checked in the User and License info box.
3) I *think* that the free version connects at start-up for license enforcement reasons.

But still, I have indeed had the Web server working fine on a LAN with no Internet access. And I don't recall having to do anything tricky to make it work.
Added: 11/28/2006 - 06:45 AM

As License Types and the License Help page explain, as long as you have no license or a free license, starting and stopping will cause the program to connect to logisphereserver.seiz.ch to keep track of program usage.

The free license gives you the right to use the software 6hrs per day.
Accounting for the online time is done on my server, not within LogiSphere as some users like to cheat Wink

Once you have a Pro License, it will only connect to my server if you choose to have your cameras listed in the Camera List