Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

K8055 Usb Experiment interface board
By: Peter
Topics: 49
Added: 08/24/2006 - 02:04 AM

Hi there Sse i would like to have an thing for an Usb K8055 Usb Experiment interface board
from peter
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 08/24/2006 - 06:42 AM

me too Smile! I guess you have to wait some more.
I have 2 of those boards, and some time I will certainly write something to support them.
Added: 09/05/2006 - 08:36 PM

Hi sse Please can you tell me if you know how long would be wating to have this made for the software and YEP i know you are Realy Busy With Buliding the cam software
as i am only wunding about it and please can you tell me whot will we be able to Do with the K8055 usb thing thanks

ps keep up the good workCool!
By: AndrewG
Topics: 172
Added: 09/06/2006 - 07:37 PM

By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 09/07/2006 - 04:25 AM

Thanks for this thread, guys. I had no idea that this product existed until I saw it here.

This thing looks like a really handy alternative to the traditional PCI-slot I/O cards. Cheaper, and it works with slotless machines like laptops. Probably not suitable for industrial applications but certainly good enough for my hobby stuff.

I'm probably going to order one of these kits soon, and see what I can code up to make it do interesting things. If I come up with anything good I'll post about it here.
Added: 10/05/2006 - 08:32 PM

If you're interested in K8055 boards you may find this entertaining:

It's also listed on the Camera Pages for the time being.

While it isn't exactly "K8055 control integrated into LogiSphere" it is close. The only software being used is LogiSphere + the DLL that comes with the K8055 + a perl script I wrote that sits in between LogiSphere and the DLL.

- LogiSphere (obviously) serves the video stream.

- LogiSphere also serves the HTML page.

- The buttons trigger javascripts (see page source) that call "special" URLs (such as /bitoff). The special URLs are set up in LogiSphere's Commands feature (Reference Link) to call my perl script with the correct parameters included.
-- External Commands ----------------
Command 1 = 'Bit Off','bitoff','d:\K8055\K8055.pl bitoff','Html'
Command 2 = 'Bit On','biton','d:\K8055\K8055.pl biton','Html'
Command 3 = 'PwmOut 1','pwm1','d:\K8055\K8055.pl pwm1','Html'
Command 4 = 'PwmOut 2','pwm2','d:\K8055\K8055.pl pwm2','Html'
Command 5 = 'ReadCard','read','d:\K8055\K8055.pl read','Html'

- My perl script processes the command (makes the K8055 do stuff via calls to the DLL) and then returns a little HTML (the status stuff, displayed in the box below the buttons) to LogiSphere. LogiSphere passes it along to the browser - that's part of the Commands feature's functionality.

I guess the next trick is to try to re-do this using LogiSphereNG's included PHP support. The objective being to use the PHP instead of a perl script. May take a while.
Added: 10/06/2006 - 07:11 PM

Hi there Please can you tell me How Do i get the perl script as i would love to do the same as you

LaughCool!
Added: 10/07/2006 - 06:38 AM

Peter,

You or anybody else that wants the scripts can have them. Let me say right up front though, this is not "plug and play" software at this point in time! You need a perl interpreter installed on your system, along with a few Win32-specific perl modules. There are several scripts involved. No nice installer, no documentation, configuring LogiSphere to use the scripts has to be done by hand. It ain't pretty - yet.

If you're up for it, fine - just let me know. I don't have the time to provide any support on it right now though, since I am only one person and this script stuff has nothing to do with my "real job".

You might want to just wait until I get a chance to make it all "nice, clean amd easy". What you see running on my site now is really just a proof-of-concept hack that I intend to work on some more soon.
Added: 10/07/2006 - 04:15 PM

Hi there thanks for the Info about it and please keep me upto date with it when you have it all sorted Out and i will hold on for some time untill you have it runing all ok
Added: 10/25/2006 - 02:53 PM

Just bumping up the thread to say I haven't forgotten about this. I've been very busy here, working on some other cool stuff. As of today I'm back to working on the K8055 stuff in whatever spare time I have. Shouldn't be much longer. Cool!
Added: 10/26/2006 - 04:32 AM

cool i am glad you are back working on this thing i look frwd to see it soon