Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

LogiSphere 0.8.6 released to Members
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 07/11/2005 - 04:56 PM

this is a bug fix release only - to know what changed check the 0.8.5 thread

Thanks to everybody to let me know about problems - continue hunting Smile!

LogiSphere086.exe
By: Bill
Topics: 0
Added: 07/11/2005 - 10:53 PM

Release fix of all bug above as 0.8.6

0.8.6 Will not run on my computer...
Logisphere086.exe- Common Language runtime debugging services.
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id = 0x398 (920), Thread id = 0x5b0 (1456).
press ok etc. 0.8.5 runs fine...

Keep up the good work.
Bill.
Added: 07/12/2005 - 08:05 AM

Ouch - I uploaded an outdated version as LogiSphere086.exe...Frin

This is fixed now, the link above is LogiSphere 0.8.6 now, sorry about that
Added: 07/12/2005 - 08:28 AM

I wonder how the country detection works out there.

For me it does not work at all, as my cameras are behind an apache web server which does not forward the true
IP number to LogiSphere.

Anybody?
By: Pete
Topics: 52
Added: 07/12/2005 - 12:25 PM

I have the same problem as Bill.. But using 0.8.5 today (12/07/05) 12 CET I tried to restart logisphere and got:

"the remote name could not be resolved".. The DNS record for the startup address (192.17.85.77) returned
a server failed.. Now it seems ok at (1215).. DNS changes i guess.. Would this affect the running of the program if
a call was made from a machin which returnes a similar error ? (Serving pages to a unresolved IP seems OK though)

On another unrelated matter, If i use the absolute positioning example and position to "vertical -10" then to "vertical
10" then back again "vertical -10" it doesn't point in the same direction. Left/right is the same. The camera picture
"creeps" around. Is this my camera, or do others see this also ?

Pete
Added: 07/12/2005 - 02:09 PM

Just a comment (after reading the documentation) I notice the motion replay function plays back a certain number
of saved frames, but at the same rate as the framerate in the devices section. Can/could the replay rate be defined
somewhere else in addition ?

Pete
By: Bill
Topics: 0
Added: 07/12/2005 - 04:08 PM

Here's a sorta bug I think...

#1. I have two network cards in my computer at home.
Under the options tab in the "Server ip:" box it has the ip for the wrong network card. They are on different subnets and I cant get to your software from the outside world.. The box is grey and wont let me change the value.

#2. It may be related to number 1 but I'm not sure.. On this same machine when I click the x to shut down Logisphere, the app dissappears but is still in the task list. upon started the app again it gives error about camera not being ready.. could this have something to do with the minimise to tray stuff thats missing?

#3. It still seems to be timing out early. If I switch my web browser to the back ground and come back in a minute I seem to have to refresh the page to get things going again..

Keep up the good work
Bill
Added: 07/13/2005 - 08:52 AM

From Pete:
I notice the motion replay function plays back a certain number
of saved frames, but at the same rate as the framerate in the devices section. Can/could the replay rate be defined

somewhere else in addition ?

good idea! It will be implemented in next release

Added: 07/13/2005 - 09:08 AM

Hi Bill,
thank you for your report. Hope this helps:

#1. I have two network cards in my computer at home.
Under the options tab in the "Server ip:" box it has the ip for the wrong network card. They are on different subnets and I cant get to your software from the outside world.. The box is grey and wont let me change the value.

The IP shown is just the one the system gets by its name:

Dim objIPAddress As New IPAddress(Dns.GetHostByName(Dns.GetHostName).AddressList(0).Address)
Dim strIPAddress As String = objIPAddress.ToString

LogiSphere should be listening on all interfaces. To verify, please get
TcpView from sysinternals.com
and see what ports are open on which interfaces.
Let me know if you see it's just listening on the primary interface, please.

#2. It may be related to number 1 but I'm not sure.. On this same machine when I click the x to shut down Logisphere, the app dissappears but is still in the task list. upon started the app again it gives error about camera not being ready.. could this have something to do with the minimise to tray stuff thats missing?

Whenever the camera seems blocked, another app is using it. This might be a dead thread of LogiSphere lingering around. Please run LogiSphere with the Debug.lnk file included in the distribution, try to reproduce the problem and send me the zipped debug.txt file.

#3. It still seems to be timing out early. If I switch my web browser to the back ground and come back in a minute I seem to have to refresh the page to get things going again..

You have to tell me which page you're referring to - there are many of them by now.
Does not sound bad to me tough - running quite a few webcams, I don't like people eating up my bandwidth with streams they're not even looking at...
Added: 07/13/2005 - 12:18 PM

Hello Smile! I didn't have much time to debug but as I read there's a new version coming, I'd like to add:

1) A funny "Active Motion Windows" sits on the task bar whilst running and doesn't do much
2) On startup, the "listed" popup comes up, regardless of being listed already
3) enable replay of the last.. setting is not loaded on startup

- and a comment. If motion detection is enabled, but the cam is moved wouldn't this be detected as
motion (i.e not motion *in* the picture) Perhaps it should be disabled whilst the camera is moving.. ?

The country detection works fine for me, nice addition. One could parse the log with "webalizer" or similar to
produce the history.

Excellent work as ever !

Pete
Added: 07/13/2005 - 05:34 PM

1) I suspect this is the new DirectX release - did you install 9.0c? On my Windows 2000 Computers it also showed up,
on one of them it shows up on camera startup and was able to close it, on the other one there are no controls available,
it's just sitting in the task bar.

I'll contact the author of the OCX about that.

2) fixed in 0.8.8 - another if added Frin

3) fixed in 0.8.8 - a typo that had it's origin in the renaming of that option from Motion Replay to Motion Replay Count