AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
05/11/2024 - 12:57 PM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Pan and Tilt doesn't work (resolved: new Orbit PID_08CC)
By: Anonymous User
Added: 05/20/2006 - 04:46 PM

I have reinstalled the drivers a million times and the pan and tilt option still fails on me. It takes forever to pan up and down - about 30 seconds after i press the button on screen. Can you please help me out here, im totally stuck and im getting very frustrated.

thanks a heap

andrew
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 12/03/2006 - 12:04 AM

Hmmm... I hope some other people can respond to your post, because I don't think I can be of any help this time. I've been running for about 48 continuous hours now with 2.0.6 and Driver 10.4, and CPU is stable at 45% (with 3 cams + 2 web videos) here.

Those are interesting thoughts and observations about D3D and graphics adapters. But there is no way for me to try those things on my setup. I'm not set up for gaming at all - got a "lame" graphics card here, no game controllers, and no D3D apps at all.
By: AmerM
Topics: 0
Added: 12/24/2006 - 12:21 PM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

Merry xmas Cheesy

well, I managed to fix my cpu issue. Still using v 2.0.6 Logisphere. The problem was with my nVidia card - GF 7900GS (512 MB PCIe). I figured out that within the games the clock rates are much higher than in desktop. For nVidia display adapter it takes a while to lower clockrates switching from ingame to desktop (this is the exact point when I start logisphere when graphics cards mem clocks are higher).

Allso I noticed that because logisphere has a splash screen -> when I start logisphere without higher mem clocs, splash screen loads my QuickCam Sphere MP-1 very slowly. And when it does that, the cpu rates are high with LogiSphere (eg. 5 fps and 50% quality I get 50% cpu load for LogiSphere). When I start Logisphere with higher mem clocs, the splash screen loads fast and I don't have any cpu issues (eg. 5 fps and 50% quality I get 5% cpu load for LogiSphere).

I managed to fix the problem with my HW (Asrock 939DualSataII, AMD A64 3700+, 2x1024MB Corsair 400mhz DualChannel Kit, Gainward Bliss GF 7900GS 512MB, Audigy DR) by overclocking my graphics adapter from 450/1320 Mhz to @590/1560 Mhz (using Zalman VF900cu cooler instead of that stock cooler). Because of the high clockrates LogiSphere starts fast and cpu load is low. And now I don't have to start games before LogiSphere Smile!

And because of overclocking I managed to gain more performance to games. eg. with F.E.A.R gametest:

Edit: Settings for this gametest were: 1280x1024, AAx2, AFx4, and all the rest settings wehere in "Maximum"

FPS with default clock rates (450/1320)
Minimum. 31
Avaridge. 50
Maximum. 126

FPS with overclock (@590/1560)
Minimum. 47
Avaridge. 87
Maximum. 207

Cheesy

don't mind about this post. I got some probs with forum and correcting my typos