AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
05/11/2024 - 04:08 PM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Pan and Tilt doesn't work (resolved: new Orbit PID_08CC)
By: Anonymous User
Added: 05/20/2006 - 04:46 PM

I have reinstalled the drivers a million times and the pan and tilt option still fails on me. It takes forever to pan up and down - about 30 seconds after i press the button on screen. Can you please help me out here, im totally stuck and im getting very frustrated.

thanks a heap

andrew
By: AmerM
Topics: 0
Added: 11/24/2006 - 07:13 AM

Hi,

first of all I want to thank you about this wonderful LogiSphere software. I love it a lot.

I own Logitech Sphere camera, and LogiSphere software works great with 9.0.2 drivers. The reason I'm writing is that I have some problems with latest QuickCam software/drivers v. 10.4.0. You propably know that v. 10.0.0 had a bug with 100% cpu usage, wich is btw fixed wit the latest (10.4.0) driver release.

The problem what I'm having is with latest QuickCam software is that LogiSphere won't recognize my Logitech camera as a PTZ capable camera. With previous versions of the drivers PTZ works fine.

In Device manager under USB devices my Logitech Sphere is shown with name of "Logitech USB Camera PTZ". With newest drivers it's shown as "Logetech USB Camera (Orbit/Sphere MP)".

M/N: V-UAY22
P/N: 86107-0000
PID: LZ536BP

I even tryed to downgrade the 10.4.0 drivers to 9.5.0, but logishpere doesent recognize the camera. It only recognizes when I install whole 9.x driver/software package.

Best Regards
AmerM
Added: 11/24/2006 - 08:58 AM

Hi,

I installed 10.4 again, and afterwards, I ran the whole installation package of 9.5.0 software/driver. For some reason the new 10.4.0 software stayed on my system, and the drivers were updated to 9.5.0. In device manager under USB section my camera was recognized as "Logitech USB Camera PTZ" instead of "Logitech USB Camera (Orbit/Sphere MP)". And the PTZ works in LogiSphere.

But now I've got another problem. Logisphere eats all the processes. CPU load is 100% when using Logisphere and when camera is active. Other programs (eg. skype, messenger) works fine. When I lowered the FPS value from 10 to 5 for streaming over LAN, CPU load drops to 60-80%.

Is high cpu load normal with Logisphere?

Picture
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 11/24/2006 - 04:52 PM

AmerM,

LogiSphere's CPU usage depends on your frame rate, number of cameras, input & output size selections, and even the WMV "profile" (if you have the Video Server feature turned on). Many variables... but in my experience the CPU load you are getting is much too high for a 1-camera system. For example, with 3 USB cameras + 1 web video input, my 3Ghz P-4 CPU sits at 60% - 70% all day. With only one cam, 20% - 30%.

My Logitech cam is the same model as yours. I think we are fortunate to have the "older" version 861207 because it works with the old drivers! I have tried every driver "upgrade" that Logitech has released, and I always go back using 9.0.2 from the CD that came with the cam. Driver upgrades never seem to make the cam do anything "new" or "better" (I only use the driver, not their software) - and the rule seems to be that the higher the driver version number, the more CPU it eats up.

So my advice is that unless there is something in the newer drivers that you absolutely need to have... stick with 9.0.2!

Added: 11/25/2006 - 01:33 PM

MelvinG,

thank you for your respond and your advices!

I'll gonna stick with old drivers & software. Newer (10.4.0) drivers are indeed lacking some options in the camera control panel. e.g. in section where you can find "Single/Multiple face tracking" - you cannot find any options for "Auto-Zoom". Camera only follows your face without zooming. Older drivers do work better in this aspect, not mentioning that you can gain all the capabilities of the camera and they work fine with LogiSphere.

Web server on (with fps 5) and with older drivers (9.5.0) cpu load is about 50-80%. Next thing I'll have to do is install driver/software package from the original cd (9.0.2). This is hard to say in english couse this one goes little complicated for me: The reason why I havent done this is that "face expression tracking" didn't work with 9.2.0 (nor in 9.5.0) couse I had windows registry messed up after uninstallin 10.x.x drivers. The original 9.x.x drivers couldn't install "Logitech Process Manager" as services. For now, I fixed the registry by deleting everything related to camera, and reinstalling drivers as a "clean installation".

I have a A64 2700+, 2x1024Mb 400DDR in DC and Asrock 939DualSata2. With mobo, I have another problem which I'm trying to solve: I use Raid-0, but I've setup raid's stripe size to 32K, which is a shame. The cpu has to do lots of work with 32K stripe and cpu utilization with both HardDrives are about in ~60%. You can imagine what happens - it affects to all programs.

Last night I spent 2 hours to backup my whole system for 32K -> 64K conversion. Today I finished the job and my both HD are running with smaller cpu utilization. I hope that after I've installed 9.0.2 drivers, LogiSphere (and all other progs and games) would work little better, but I need to do more testing before that Smile
Added: 11/28/2006 - 02:10 AM

AmerM,

This weekend I tried the 10.4 driver with my "P/N: 86107-0000" camera.

The good news: CPU load was very good: 15% with LogiSphere and one Orbit cmaera running. That was on my P-4 3Ghz at 6 FPS, 320x240 size, 50% quality, Web server running.

The bad news: Like you, I lost the PTZ functions in LogiSphere when I installed 10.4. Going back to 9.02 fixed that.

I just posted a new topic about this on the LogiSphere Issue Tracker. Hoping this can be fixed easily in the next release.

It would be nice to hear about this from some users of the "New Generation" Orbit/Sphere cams (P/N 961422-xxxx), since right now only Amer and I are reporting this issue, and we have the older cams.
By: CharlesG
Added: 11/28/2006 - 06:39 AM

Must like you guys too much ... I dove and installed the 10.0.4 Quickcam driver on my 2nd Gen Orbit MP (P/N: 861305-0000).

Now it gets identified as "QuickCam Orbit/Sphere MP-1" not the PTZ anymore. On the PTZ screen I lost Pan and Tilt and don't get the choice of PTZ-1 or PTZ-2 as previously.

BUT all is Not lost ... the PTZ functions appear on the Capture screen under Driver Options / Source.

CPU is quite low and PTZ responds immediately, even Face tracking is very responsive ... used to be inoperative due to high CPU. The auto zoom feature is now too responsive and is giving we a headhake Shocked

With the new driver I also noticed that the QuickCam Applet pops up once in a while and I never saw this before.

Hope this helps
Added: 11/28/2006 - 11:30 AM

Charles,

Thanks for the report! Sounds like your Gen-2 is acting just like my Gen-1 under 10.4 drivers.

I see that SSE is already working on this, per this Issue Tracker Post. I'm off to bed right now but will give it a test in the morning.
Added: 11/29/2006 - 05:49 PM

Issue Tracker participants may want to look at the thread for the 2006-11-29 Build. I'm testing it on my system right now, and it looks like the new Driver 10.4 is well and fully supported. Lowered my CPU load significantly too - and it wasn't even all that bad before. Smile
By: Anonymous User
Added: 12/02/2006 - 11:14 AM

MelvinG, thank you for your efforts reporting this whole situation to developer and finding a solution. SSE allso has done a great work updating Logisphere to be compatible with 10.4 drivers. And I'm suprised that this all happened so fast! Thank you!

I updated LogiSphere software to 2.0.5 and installed the 10.4 driver/software package. This is great! PTZ works beautifully! And all works as it should. expect one little thing.

What bothers is that when I power on my computer, and start Logisphere 2.0.5 within 10 min, it eats 100% cpu load (with 10 fps and web server on). It doesen't matter how long I wait after powering on computer, only thing how I can lower down the cpu load is that I lower the fps, when I can gain 50% cpu load.

And now for the weirdest part: after I start a D3D application (eg GRAW/F.E.A.R) and play about few minutes, and after gaming I start logisphere, the cpu load is extremely low. With 6 fps and 50% quality and with web server on, Logisphere eats cpu load about 2-8% Here is a snapshot:

http://xs.to/xs.php?f=logishpere.jpg&h=xs110&d=06485

And if I set fps to 15, 50% quality, web server on, logisphere takes the cpu load about 20-21%

This all happens after I start some D3D application for 10-15 mins. And this is something I cannot figure out. Is it related to my graphics adapter cause in games it uses higher clock rates? Or is it depended of other usb devices eg. razer mouse and related to game profile switches? This is weird.

Well, accually it's kind of fun when I want to start Logisphere and before that I'm forced to play some games Frin
Added: 12/02/2006 - 11:16 AM

uh, I forgot to login to forums. The previous post was from me. Wink