AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
05/11/2024 - 03:55 PM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Pan and Tilt doesn't work (resolved: new Orbit PID_08CC)
By: Anonymous User
Added: 05/20/2006 - 04:46 PM

I have reinstalled the drivers a million times and the pan and tilt option still fails on me. It takes forever to pan up and down - about 30 seconds after i press the button on screen. Can you please help me out here, im totally stuck and im getting very frustrated.

thanks a heap

andrew
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 10/04/2006 - 11:49 AM

I don't completely understand what you are asking for, but here are some links that may help...

DOWNLOAD CAMERA DRIVERS FROM LOGITECH

DOWNLOAD FREE LOGISPHERE 1.6 (free to all)

DOWNLOAD NEW LOGISPHERE NG (must be registered)
Added: 10/11/2006 - 02:14 PM

Hi,

i have the (new?) Logitech Spere MP and tried LogiSphere 1.6 where no Pan or Tilt is possible.

Does the new Logisphere NG support this function with MP??
It would be nice to have the possibility to test it in a trial version before buying...

TIA,
-daniel

Added: 10/11/2006 - 02:34 PM

Addition:

My Logitech Sphere MP (PartNo. 961422-3310) has the same new registry entry like
"USB\Vid_046d&Pid_08cc&MI_00\6&355f0f9c&0&0000"

hth,
-daniel
Added: 10/12/2006 - 08:07 AM

Daniel,

Yes, LogiSphereNG supports the "new 08CC" version of the Sphere. To get an evaluation copy of NG you need to first use 1.6 to request your free license. With the free license you will get a login name and password for the "Members Area" of this site. In the Members Area you will be able to download NG for free.

A word of warning... The "08CC" camera only seems to work with the Logitech Driver version 10.0. I have been hearing from users, and reading at logitech.com, that there are serious bugs in the 10.0 driver, relating to incredibly high CPU usage. Since this is a Logitech issue there's nothing SSE (maker of LogiSphere) can really do about it. So while SSE has added support for the cam to NG, until Logitech patches its driver you are likely to have problems.
By: DanielV
Topics: 3
Added: 10/12/2006 - 02:46 PM

Hi Melvin,

thank you very much for the information, last night everything went the way you described. I got the login name and tested the NG Version...

The new MP is supported, and I haven't experienced any negative side effects from the 10.0 logi-driver so far. (except some audio problems while activating/deactivating the cam)
BUT it's very annoying, that the actual NG Preview doesn't start with the actual system date - ok, it's beta but a single out-of date message at the beginning should be enough!

So, does anybody here know something about a release date?? I want to buy it!

tia,
-daniel
Added: 10/12/2006 - 05:48 PM

Daniel,

Are you getting the "Version has reached the end of its life" message? I have heard of one other free-license user getting that mesage this week too. If the version is expiring I am sure it is an oversight - not something SSE did deliberately.

Stefan of SSE is the only one who can do anything about this - as a "test team guy" I don't have access to the stuff that controls expirations. He has been out of town and will return in another day or two, but I'm sure he can take care of it as soon as he gets back. He can also perhaps answer the question of when NG will go into "fully released" status.

Edited to add: I've sent Stefan a PM so he will know about this when he gets in.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 10/12/2006 - 07:02 PM

Thank you Melvin

I sent out a email to all LogiSphereNG users with a URL to a updated exe file with an extended life time.

Daniel, there is no final release date for LogiSphereNG yet. There are still a few issues open, and documentation to write.

However, if you purchase a LogiSphere License, you'll also get access to a license for LogiSphereNG.

Sorry if I'm a bit short here, I have lot's of emails to answer as I have been away for a week.

Stefan
By: DanielV
Topics: 3
Added: 10/12/2006 - 08:19 PM

Thank you all for kind (and fast) support!

One Question remains: Why isn't the new MP-recognition-string "08cc" not integrated in the 1.6 version when the new ng version is not yet ready? Shouldn't be that big deal... ;-)

However, I can't expect the new version - great work so far.

-daniel
By: OlivierB
Topics: 0
Added: 10/13/2006 - 01:50 AM

Hi MelvinG and DanielV !

I also have the "CC" model. I have to use 10.0 drivers, because it's not recognized by the 9.5 ones. I just tried to install them on a fresh install of Windows XP, and it takes almost all my CPU resources everytime I open an application that uses the webcam. (On my main computer, it takes "only" 50% since it's a dual-core CPU...)

By the way, I still have the "this version has expired" message, even with the new .exe file :/

Olivier
Added: 10/13/2006 - 09:15 PM

Daniel & other interested parties... Smile

1.6.1 is released - it supports the 08cc camera now.

Please see **THIS THREAD** for info.