AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
05/11/2024 - 09:16 AM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Pan and Tilt doesn't work (resolved: new Orbit PID_08CC)
By: Anonymous User
Added: 05/20/2006 - 04:46 PM

I have reinstalled the drivers a million times and the pan and tilt option still fails on me. It takes forever to pan up and down - about 30 seconds after i press the button on screen. Can you please help me out here, im totally stuck and im getting very frustrated.

thanks a heap

andrew
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 09/18/2006 - 05:23 PM

Roman,

Try this driver: qc950enu.exe It works fine for me and many others, but I think it is just the English version of the qc950deu.exe.

My understanding is that the driver works for both SphereMP (Europe) and OrbitMP (USA). I am personally using this driver with an OrbitMP purchased in the US. It worked fine with all the LogiSphere versions I have used, from 1.2 through 1.9.x.

I strongly suggest disconnecting the camera and completely uninstalling all previous drivers before trying qc950enu. I have definitely seen problems happen when installing one Logitech driver over another on.
Added: 09/19/2006 - 09:50 PM

Hi MelvinG,

i think i have tried every driver and every setup. Logisphere won´t work with my sphere MP. With the driver qc950enu.exe the cam is known as standart usb webcan ....your´s too?

Cam works ...with zoom...no PTZ (in Logisphere)
In Logitech Software from driver qc850enu.exe my cam doesn´t work. (No cam available). I think this driver isn´t right for my cam.

To update the driver i removed the logitech software and the camera driver in the system tray. I also deleted the folder c:\programme\logitech..... . This folder was recent after unistall software and driver.

I also tried to find in regedit the string *logitech* and deleted them.

I also tried on my Laptop( never a logitech driver was installed befor) same problem.
I tried the driver qc848 on a other PC in our company...same problem.

I think i tried everyting!

No WAY.....No PTZ

Could it be there´s a new hardware revision of the cam? With other move commands?

Is there a other way to get support for logisphere?? i payed for the pro version (i thaugth the PTZ is only available in pro version...so i payed for this) but now i have a software..whitch dont work for me.

thanks for your help

Roman

Added: 09/19/2006 - 11:39 PM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

Roman,

Most support is handled on this forum by the user community. The actual developer can be reached through this page:
www.logisphere.org/en/support
but I know he is very busy and can not always answer quickly. So I and several other people try to help here on the forums when we can.

I agree that you have tried almost everything!

My OrbitMP is appearing in the drop-down list as "Logitech PTZ-x", not "Standard USB Webcam".

I do not think this is a "new hardware" problem you are having. I still think there is something going wrong with the driver installation somehow. When the driver is installed it makes many new registry entries. One of the very important ones looks like this: (SCREEN SHOT 1) LogiSphere uses information from this registry entry and several other similar ones when enumerating the cameras (SCREEN SHOT 2) and the PTZ devices (SCREEN SHOT 3). Because you said that your Sphere is being listed as "Standard USB Camera" I am thinking the registry entries are somehow not being created correctly during driver installation. If they are there, LogiSphere will find them.

(those screen shots were made today on my system running LogiSphere 1.9.5 with OrbitMP and driver 9.5)

So if you can check your registry and let me know what you find, maybe we can figure this out.

Also, is your Sphere appearing correctly in your system's Device Manager? Mine looks like this: (SCREEN SHOT 4)

If you can create a debug file and post a link to it here (see debug instructions on the support page I linked above) that would be helpful too. The debug file will show what devices LogiSphere is really "finding" in your registry.

I am also wondering if the C runtime libraries on your system are up to date. It seems strange that the same problem would happen on several different machines if this is the case, though.

{{edited to fix typos and add some thoughts}}
By: RomanO
Topics: 5
Added: 09/20/2006 - 07:41 PM

MalvinG,

Thank you for your help. Now i have installed driver 10.0.0 again. With this driver the regedit looks likely yours SCREEN SHOT 1. Cam is also known "Logitech Quickcam PTZ" See main meun SCREEN SHOT 2. System tray looks like yours SCREEN SHOT 3. But PTZ is not available SCREEN SHOT 4. I created a debug file SCREEN SHOT 5.

greets

Roman
Added: 09/21/2006 - 05:33 AM

Hi Roman,

From your Registry screen shot I can see the problem!

Your camera is registered as: ##?#USB#VID_046D&PID_08CC...
Cameras are normally registered as: ##?#USB#VID_046D&PID_08C2...

This is important because LogiSphere looks for the VID_ and PID_ values - they are supposed to uniquly identify the manufacturer (VID_046D = Logitech) and product (PID_08C2 = Orbit/Sphere). If the camera's VID_ or PID_ has changed, LogiSphere can not find it properly.

Today I tested many different drivers: US/English 9.5, US/English 10.0, UK/English 10.0 and Austria/Deutsch 10.0. I can NOT duplicate the problem with any of those drivers, so I am now thinking that your camera is somehow different - maybe a "new model" that we have never seen before.

Take a look at THIS LIST at Logitech's site. It looks like there are now two different Part Numbers for the QuickCam® Orbit MP. That is new.

My camera is Part Number 861207 and the tag looks LIKE THIS. I think your tag will show a different Part Number - please check and let me know.

If I am correct about this, it should be fairly easy to make the next release of LogiSphereNG support the new camera model. I think. :-)

I will post about this in the test team's Issue Tracker now and see what can be done.
By: RomanO
Topics: 5
Added: 09/21/2006 - 06:58 AM

Hi MalvinG,

MY Cam ist the other Camera listed on Logitech´s web page with

P/N:861305-0000
PID:LZ626BP

it looks like you´ve found the problem!! And confirmed my fiction about a new HW-Revision.

greets

Roman
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 09/21/2006 - 07:00 AM

Thank you both for working this out to the point.

LogiSphere 1.9.6 knows theses strings:

spherestring vid_046d&pid_08b5
spherestring2 vid_046d&pid_08c2
spherestring3 vid_046d&pid_08cc
livemostring vid_041e&pid_4041

this version will be released later this week.

Added: 09/21/2006 - 07:10 AM

Roman: Yes, you were correct about the new hardware and I was wrong. I learned something new today!

SSE: I started an issue for this on the Issue Tracker but it looks like you already have it taken care of. I will not be mad if you close my issue now. Wink

Edit to add: Roman, once you download and try the new version of LogiSphere please let us know how it is working with your camera. Right now you are the only person I know of who has that new camera.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 09/21/2006 - 09:33 AM

LogiSphere iota will support the new Orbit model.
Download Link
Added: 10/04/2006 - 11:38 AM

Something happened to the installation disc, it worked one time then it failed the next and now it can' be read at all..what do i do? can someone please send me the insallaton file or something? email: me_i_and_me_06@hotmail.com thnx