Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

"Silver" is good as gold!
By: JohnMa
Topics: 31
Added: 01/11/2010 - 11:51 PM

Hey, I just happened upon the little button on my screen in the upper left hand corner that says "silver." I didn't even know what it was, but I clicked on if for the first time this weekend, and I was totally impressed by it. It looks really great and looks much more intuitively easy for the casual viewer to use. That view is really cool! Fantastic! Love it! I think I will use that screen as the link I give out to people to tell them where to see my cameras. It shows all three of my cameras, a clean screen, no extra stuff to confuse people, and nice expanding thumbnail views. I wonder why I didn't notice this before? This software has all these neat features I keep slowly discovering and figuring out. It's like an Advent Calendar or something, with little hidden prizes hidden to.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 01/12/2010 - 06:53 PM

You saved my day Smile!
By: JohnMa
Topics: 31
Added: 01/23/2010 - 09:07 PM

And now I figured out how to use the feature that allows me to stream the screen as if it were another webcam. This is another feature I hadn't noticed before. It is perfect for my weatherstation software, which I have been using to upload jpg images to a website at 10 minute intervals, with link to that website from the AbelCam webcam screen. But now I just leave the weather station software up full screen on the PC and stream it live along with the three webcams. This is great. I wish I had noticed it before. I just wish the weather would clear up once in a while so my telephoto cam could show something other than clouds, ice and water. The screen streaming feature gives me several other ideas for remote monitoring of devices in the house as well.