AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
05/02/2024 - 02:50 PM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Router Configuration (Netopia 3397G - Bluewin TV Package)
By: RayK
Topics: 4
Added: 11/26/2008 - 08:42 PM

Admittedly, when working with networks, routers etc. I am walking on wafer-thin ice. Some say I should better keep my hands off the stuff. But then:

Looks as if I need to configure the 8080 port forwarding on a Netopia 3397G to get AbelCam to be visible from the outside. I don't have or find docs. This router is what comes with the 'Bluewin TV-Package', maybe a Swiss user has experience with getting the port issue sorted out and could tell me, what exactly needs to be done? Locally, the cam and AbelCam work together perfectly.

Any help highly appreciated!
By: AndrewG
Topics: 172
Added: 11/26/2008 - 08:47 PM

I see that there a quite a few netopia routers on port forward not the one you listed though. Maybe if you look through one of the guides it might help you link to port forward
Andrew
Added: 11/26/2008 - 10:06 PM

I think I'm almost there. Found docs to the router on the net. If I enter configuration mode on the router, I can get here:

---
Set up a Port Forwarding range entry based on your specific ports
Service Name:
The above name will be saved as this service's description
Global Port Range: -
Base Host Port:
Protocol: x TCP UDP
---

All I need to do, I guess, is enter a name for the service to register, chose TCP. What do I input for 'Global Port Range' (XXXX - XXXX) and 'Base Host Port'? Anything else (on the router)?

Also: The router lists literally hundreds of presets for a wide range of programs (99% of which are games). Any chance that one of those settings will fill for what I need?

Thanks!

Ray
By: AndrewG
Topics: 172
Added: 11/26/2008 - 10:15 PM

Hmm just replied but it's not showing up here odd:
If you running on abelcam on 8080 then enter 8080 for both ie. Forward ports 8080 to 8080. As for the presents I think tomcat runs on port 8080 so if you have that in your list you could try using it. Did a quick google doesn't look like any games use 8080 unforunately.
Added: 11/26/2008 - 11:05 PM

Bingo, done it. You can check out my living room on the Camera List. Frin

For the record, here's where the hitch finally was: The router showed me 3 possible hosts:

- MASTER
- 192.xx.... (my internal IP)
- iPod Touch Tongue

I always had this set to the IP-Address. When I foolishly chose MASTER because I did not know what to do and just fiddled around, that did it. MASTER is the correct setting for all of you Netiopians following me on this trail.

Thanks Andrew,

Ray
Ray
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 11/27/2008 - 06:47 PM

Andrew, your post was not tied to the thread because you replied to the link in the email - this is a bug of the forum and the your 1st answer received the wrong 'parent'