AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
05/02/2024 - 05:12 AM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

how to start the service? where is the button to start ?
By: JasonC
Topics: 0
Added: 10/21/2008 - 02:33 PM

I am new here and new user, I have tried a few hours to find how its service can be started, I set up all configuration, and do motion detect tesst,no picture or video going to my specified folder, didn't I start it yet? where it the start button ? I used other similiar software before they are all easier to be used or understood, but this one, no manul, no clear instruction, GUI is ugly.

can anyone let me know how to start the service?

thanks a lot
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 10/21/2008 - 03:51 PM

For information on how to use AbelCam, see the Documentation page.

On the other hand, if you find AbelCam hard to understand and just plain ugly, why don't you just uninstall and use something else?
By: JasonC
Topics: 0
Added: 10/21/2008 - 07:28 PM

thanks sse for the quick response, if I hurted your feeling, I apologize for that. actually, what else I have tried are all trial versions,but they really easier to use even i didn't learn anything before.after configuration done, I just moved the webcam, it make sounds and store pictures or videos to the specified folders, open browser or client side window from anywhere outside like office (not in LAN)i can see the view from webcam, so I knew it works.

for this one, sounds so powerful and free of charge(all features are free or someones not clear in the documents).I was so interested in and eager to figure out how it works, but after testing it looks no working at all, no pictures or videos stored in my folder, no action when motion detected and even when i click the SAVEs the GUI still there and no messege says like" your configuration has been saved" or simply close the current dialoge to let the user know what happens. the most important is I really don't know what means the service started and i can simple leave it there for motion dectection. the document is just for setting configuration, does it mean after that, the service start automatically either you close all windows or leave it open? no clue.
anyway, if it really works like the sit says and no charge at all, I reall appreciate. because my home has just been broken in by thieves.

if you can help please let me know, thanks in advance.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 10/21/2008 - 07:53 PM

Jason,

for the limitations of the free version see License Types

If you don't manage to get motion detection going, proceed as outlined in Support and email me your settings. I will analyze your configuration and let you know what you missed.

Stefan