Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

PTZ Cam and Net Cam Agent
By: TedB
Topics: 4
Added: 07/25/2008 - 05:54 PM

Are the PTZ functions available on a camera using the Network Agent?
I cant find a place to turn them on. If they are not is there a fix or workaround or do I have to cable that camera to my server to use the PTZ functions.Huh?
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 07/25/2008 - 07:48 PM

Hello Ted

the AbelCam Network Camera Agent does not have any PTZ functionality.

What type of camera are you using?
Added: 07/28/2008 - 07:21 PM

The one on the netcamera agent is an MIO Motorized Tracking Cam .... But could be replaced with a Logitech Orbit easy enough....This is Just one of several though... I'd like to add several PTZ cams just trying to decide the most economical way to do it.
Added: 08/04/2008 - 11:43 AM

OK so how to I set it up to access a remote cam and the PTZ. Do I need another license for the full blown abelcam or is it just not possible?
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 08/04/2008 - 05:08 PM

One approach (the only one I can think of actually) would be to use one full blown AbelCam as your Server, and run a second full blown AbelCam on the PC the Remote cam is connected to.

I assume you want to "centralize" access (eg. only the Server is exposed to your visitors, and the Remote camera is accessed like it was connected right to the Server). To do this, add the Remote camera to the Server's AbelCam device list by using Add Agent. When you do this, Remote's AbelCam will be seen as sort of a "super Agent" by the Server's AbelCam.

Yeah, this means buying another license. Not much I can say there... Network Agent is "AbelCam Lite" so to speak, and it just won't do what you have in mind.

Not sure about the MIO Cam. If its PTZ works with AbelCam on the server, it will also work in the setup I just described. I've never heard of MIO Cam (unless it's another flavor of the Chinese cam we call "Typhoon/InSight"? A very dark blue ball, with a bright blue "active" LED).