Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Viewer Statistics - Country Statistics
By: DomenicoS
Topics: 59
Added: 06/28/2008 - 11:14 PM

Hi

Is it possible to keep what is already written in "Viewer Statistics - Country Statistics" after reseting AbelCam?

At least part where it says how many viewers were since...

And "Country Statistics" are really nice thing, they should be recorded to some archive monthly or periodically...

Is this already possible somehow?
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 06/29/2008 - 01:48 AM

I have one idea...

Turn on Logfile. That will cause every "hit" on your pages to be logged to a textfile in a very standard format. This will not save the actual Country information to the log, but it saves the IP addresses. And of course it is the IP address that AbelCam is using to determine the country.

The second step is to get a "log analyzer" type of program, and run it periodically on the log files that AbelCam is making. There are log analyzers that will output the statistics in the form of a web page, configured the way you want it to look. I have seen log analyzer pages that include country inforamtion and even the little flag icons.

Which log analyzer to get? I'm afraid I have no idea. You will need to search around or ask someone who is more involved with running web server than I am. I'm sure there's a good open source analyzer out there somewhere but I don't know where.

Edited to add:

This looks like a great place to start looking for a free analyzer.

http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Internet/Site_Management/Log_Analysis/Freeware_and_Open_Source/
By: DomenicoS
Topics: 59
Added: 07/01/2008 - 01:56 PM

Oh, thanks!

I have data from 1.april in logfile, will try some programs to read it in some useful way...

Thanks a lot!