AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
05/02/2024 - 01:39 PM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Logitech QuickCam Pro for Notebooks - any experiences ?
By: MichaelMu
Topics: 0
Added: 06/01/2008 - 03:03 PM

Hello,

is anyone using the Logitech QuickCam Pro for Notebooks or the similar QuickCam 9000 with AbelCam? I tried with the QC Pro for Notebooks and I get frequently errors "... many errors while frame capturing...". I am not shure whether this is a camera problem or a AbelCam problem. I watched broken frames in the QuickCapture software one one of my computers. The other one is ok with QuickCapture but AbelCam still claims errors.

Second problem: I have configured the Cam to 960x720 which is working. But as soon as I use <cam address: port>/highres.jpg communication with the cam is broken and I get "cam offline" pictures. I allowed highres pictures and the cam should do 1600x1200 images.

Thanks for your comments
Michael
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 06/02/2008 - 03:49 PM

Hello Michael,

for both problems it might be helpful if you create a debug log and send it to me as outlined on the Support page

for the first problem, see on the logitech forum if anybody else experiences similar problems and what versions of drivers they use.
If QuickCam reports problems, it's unlikely AbelCam can do a better job...

For the second problem, a debug log will be very useful.
To change resolution, AbelCam has to switch off the camera, change resolution, switch the cam back on, take the shot, switch it off, change to the original resolution, and put the cam back to work. Timing issues are critical in the whole process...

By: MichaelMu
Topics: 0
Added: 06/02/2008 - 05:56 PM

Hello sse,

thank you for the quick response.

From sse:
for both problems it might be helpful if you create a debug log and send it to me as outlined on the Support page

I have sent a debug report on 31.05. already. Perhaps it has been lost, so I will send it again.

for the first problem, see on the logitech forum if anybody else experiences similar problems and what versions of drivers they use.
If QuickCam reports problems, it's unlikely AbelCam can do a better job...

I understand that AbelCam cannot correct what Logitech has messed. But even on a second computer which runs with Quickcapture without image errors AbelCam has problems. By the way I got the latest driver and software version 11.5 on the Logitech homepage. Perhaps AbelCam is more sensitive to errors?
Anyway I'm thinking about sending the cam back for exchange. But that's also a problem if the error is not reproducible with any computer and Logitech QuickCapture.

For the second problem, a debug log will be very useful.
To change resolution, AbelCam has to switch off the camera, change resolution, switch the cam back on, take the shot, switch it off, change to the original resolution, and put the cam back to work. Timing issues are critical in the whole process...

I'll try to generate one and send it.

Thanks for your efforts in advance.
Michael