Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

LxxxSphere Name Change
By: Abel
Topics: 153
Added: 02/19/2007 - 12:46 PM

I have received a letter from an lawyer requesting me to change the name of both the website and the software LogiSphere to something else by 15th of this month.

The key part of their letter goes as follows:

By the name LogiSphere leaned against the product of our client "Logitech Sphere" as well as by the reference to the products of our client in your advertisement they arouse the impression there exists a business connection between our client and their undertake and the products concerned of both parties. This impression does not correspond to the truth. They try on unfair wise to participate on the good reputation which our client acquired itself by her products and the designation logitech sphere.

Looks like I have to use a different name for the software...

As I have missed their dead line already, I might be in trouble...

For a while already I have also used MultiCamXP in connection with LogiSphere - what do you think if I just change to that name?

Or should I use SeizSphere?

Other suggestions?
By: KhoaT
Topics: 5
Added: 02/25/2007 - 02:49 AM

Stefan,

I agree with the name change for the reason that your product needs no connection with Logitech to succeed. It is by far better than Logitech's offerings. I would think that Logitech gets free publicity from Logisphere and not vice versa. For example, coming across "LogiSphere", I would tend to buy a Logitech camera to use with it, just because I would think it works for sure with the camera. Since your product now works with other cameras, there is really no need to keep the LogiSphere name and give free sales leads to Logitech if they don't want it.

Best wishes, and keep up the good work.
Khoa
By: Anonymous User
Added: 03/02/2007 - 07:28 PM

bye bye logitech

you just made me never buy any product from you again Angry
By: Anonymous User
Added: 09/21/2007 - 03:00 PM

You could probably win in court, but I like your new name better anyways.
By: KeithK
Topics: 0
Added: 02/11/2010 - 09:07 PM

These companies have many attorneys on retainer to put the little guy out of business. I know of another Major Corporation that gets 20% of their revenue by suing the small companies that just settle because they can never afford to fight the battle.

If you can prove "prior Art" even if it is rough design docs,then you can win, seen it done before and that's why the big boys always buy so many smaller companies so they can use the prior art thing to kill the competition.