Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

How to Use Logisphere
By: ChungP
Topics: 0
Added: 01/09/2007 - 08:11 PM

Hello,

I am new to this software and I also do not have experience with web servers. I am trying to use our Logitech Orbit Webcam to view our puppy online on a website so that both my wife and I can watch him. I have setup logisphere and have setup everything, but I just don't understand how to stream it live to the web. I have read all the help guides and there doesn't seem to be a tutorial. I would really appreciate any help that is offered. Thank you.Roll Eyes
By: AndrewG
Topics: 172
Added: 01/09/2007 - 08:53 PM

By stream do you mean windows media stream?
Andrew
By: ChungP
Topics: 0
Added: 01/10/2007 - 12:42 AM

I would like to able to put in a url and watch the webcam. I am currently using Orb to watch our webcam, but we can't utilize the pan tilt feature and only 1 person can be logged in at a time.
Added: 01/10/2007 - 08:44 PM

Not sure if this the cause of no pan/tilt but try picking logitech PTZ-2:

To have one person loged in at a time you might want to use passwords (under web tab):

Sorry if this doesn't help
Andrew
By: Anonymous User
Added: 01/11/2007 - 08:13 PM

Thank you for your help. I am still having problems using my computer as a webserver. I keep getting an error message stating that the web page cannot be found.
Added: 01/11/2007 - 08:51 PM

Can you post any more information system specs, your web server settings in logisphere etc.
Andrew
Added: 01/11/2007 - 08:58 PM

I just pressed autohost and it is using my ip address as the host name. I have web server checked and listed checked. I have already setup the web cam and I can use the pan tilt using the host name as localhost, but using my ip I keep getting an error message.
Added: 01/11/2007 - 09:07 PM

Ok so what happens if you go to localhost
ie. localhost:your_port_number
Andrew
Added: 01/11/2007 - 09:27 PM

I can use the webserver, but locally only. I cannot access the page on the internet.
Added: 01/11/2007 - 09:38 PM

If you have a router it could be blocking the port your webcam is running on. Try portforward.com If not your ISP might be blocking the port your running your webcam on try useing really random numbers.
Andrew
Added: 01/11/2007 - 11:15 PM

I use Orb for streaming tv and I have successfully tried using it with the webcam. But it does not allow me to use the pan/tilt functions. That's why I am trying to use Logisphere. I don't think my router is blocking the port, but I will check. I have UPnP enabled on the router.